Friday, October 12, 2007

Lefty?

As Noah is growing his personality is starting to come out more and more. He has been holding true to his early pattern of being a happy and laid back little guy. (But then, I did do a lot of praying for an "easy" baby when I was pregnant so...) Now Noah not only smiles at the ceiling fan but also will have big smiles for his parents and sister if we smile at him. Actually it doesn't seem to take much, he smiles easily and even wakes up with a smile for mommy each morning! He's generally pretty content unless he's hungry (which seems to be often and would account for his hefty size) or if he's tired. But even then he's a sweet lamb and when I can tell he's getting cranky and sleepy I can just lay him down in his crib while he's awake and walk away. And then, get this, he actually falls asleep! This is a new thing for me since there's no way Brianna would have ever gone down for a nap that way at that age. ('Cause she's always been a peppy and fiery kind of little gal.)

Noah's newest discovery is his hand. He is just amazed that he has one and he likes to watch it waving around in the air for long stretches of time. At this point I'm not real sure if he realizes that he is actually controlling it though. It's kind of funny to watch him just be mesmerized by his own little fist. I guess it's kind of like TV for babies, or maybe more like Atari? Noah has also discovered hands are well, handy, because he likes to suck on his fist. He has sort of an obsession right now and if he doesn't have his pacifier he has to suck on his fist. No, not his thumb, his whole fist!

With all this fist staring and sucking though I've made an observation. It always seems to be his left hand he's using. I guess it's a little early to tell but I would like to think that he might turn out to be a lefty, just like his Mommy! (and his Uncle Doug and his Great Grandpa Don.)

No comments: