Friday, October 26, 2007

Big Ol' Buns

Now that Brianna's potty trained we end up spending quite a little chunk of our day hanging out in the bathroom. Bree likes company in there, you know, helps pass the time. :) So there we were the other day, her and I, in the bathroom, me perched on the edge of the tub and Brianna doing her thing. Being the chatty kid she was, of course, still talking nonstop the whole time we were in there...

Bree: "Hey Mom, I have little buns so it's kind of hard for me to sit on the big potty chair."
Me: "Yep, you sure do have little buns."
Bree: "Mom, when you were a little girl you had little buns too right?"
Me: "Yes, just like you."
Bree: "But now you're a big girl so you..... can sit on the big potty."
Me: "That's right."
Bree: "When I grow up I can use the big potty too right?"
Me: "Yep you can."

And it went on like that for a few minutes. Well, you can see where this is going... The kid didn't actually come out and say she thinks I have big buns but she said everything else around it - came dangerously close to it in fact. I couldn't decide if I was offended or amused but I went with amused since, considering I gave birth only 3 months ago I think I'm looking rather trim in the caboose area and you know actually, my buns are bigger than hers after all.

No comments: