Thursday, August 30, 2007

Siblings

I came across this photo the other day and it made me laugh. These are my siblings...all three of them. And while I'm sure they'll so appreciate me sharing this photo (um, not), it's one of my all time favorite pictures. I think because it captures them, who they are, so well in just one shot. There's Missy over there on the left, the sassy one. Then there's Emily in the middle, the jokester. And Doug who just sort of good-naturedly goes along with it all. Makes me smile to think about them and remember all the shenanigans we got into as kids, the four of us. Oh we had our fights, but overall we got along fine and I wouldn't do without one of them..they made my childhood fun and to this day no one makes me laugh like they do.

Makes me wonder about Bree and Noah. I stare at them and wonder how well they'll get along, how they'll relate to each other as they get older, if they'll be close as adults, etc. I really look forward to seeing that relationship develop and hope they will lean on each other as they grow, the tiny Taylor twosome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats pretty funny. I found the same picture the other day going through some photos.

I miss you guys a lot. Right now I'm watching a little three year old man, and I wonder what Noah will be like when he's three.

I'm also watching a 7 year old and an (almost) 11 year old. I never ever realized how difficult parents have it. I'm still excited to someday have a family, but I'll have to have Brianna around to babysit for me then- or maybe even little Noah will be big enough to watch my kids. Who knows.

Anyway, I miss you very much Elizabeth! Let me know how you're doing.