Thursday, April 10, 2008

Such a Big Boy!

I can't believe it already, but Noah will be 9 months old next week! That means he'll have lived just as long outside the womb as he spent incubating in there. :) He's sure growing up fast! He's very interactive and aware these days.

He's really into table food for one thing. He just drools and smacks his lips and feels like he just has to have whatever it is that's on your plate. And there's no fooling him either. He has to have EXACTLY what you're eating or he kicks up a fuss. He looks all around to make sure everyone has the same thing he's eating. He's very observant in this area. In fact, he surprised me the other day... after heating him up some noodles to eat, I started blowing on them to cool them down. He was being very impatient and letting me know about it vocally but he stopped his howling when he saw me blowing on his food. I think it was something new for him that he hadn't seen before. After a minute, when I finally dumped some noodles onto his tray for him to pick up and eat himself (something else he's very insistent about, self feeding) he proceeded to pick the first few noodles up, stare at them carefully and "blow" on them in his own way (make rasperry tongue at them.) I guess he figured, well, this is what we do when we eat food!

Noah's also getting more coordinated with his physical movements. He's been clapping for awhile now, but recently he's started clapping sometimes in response to music. (Bree and him are both big music fans.) He's also streamlined his army crawl into what I would call a "super" army crawl. He's now super speedy and gets around the house like lightening! And today, for the first time he actually pulled himself up to a shaky stand! That boy's ready to go places!

The last big thing with Noah I'll let you see for yourself:

It's in this picture, notice anything different?


Besides this silly, happy scrunchy face he makes? (One of my favorites!) I'll give you a hint...look at the top of his head.


Yep, it's a new haircut! I finally caved in and did a little home trim on his crazy bangs. They were getting a bit too long and a bit too silly for me. And I think it looks very nice and makes him look all grown up. What do you think?

No comments: