Monday, June 04, 2007

Phrase of the Day

I'm noticing that I used to blog alot about the cute little things that Brianna was saying. Every new word or phrase was funny to me...and now I seem to do it less. I guess she's getting older and I'm getting used to her talking like a normal person, in full blown sentences and all. But, she still says some pretty outrageous things. And, even if what she says isn't that outrageous when she starts saying a "grown up" phrase it still cracks me up. Here are a few of my favorite new little things she's been saying:

  • "Of course!" She says this a lot which I find kind of funny in and of itself but even more funny when she answers her own question with it. Like this, "Mom, can I have a snack?" and without waiting to hear my answer, "Of course I can!" Or, "Mom, do you want to play dollhouse with me?...Of course you do!" I guess we must say this alot to her.
  • "You betcha!" This is a phrase she got directly from her daddy. She's just started incorporating it into her everyday conversation but it's super funny to ask her a question and have her answer, "You betcha!"
  • "Refreshing water!" This is a "Grammy-ism," or in other words, something she picked up from my mom. Seems like my whole family delights in teaching Brianna odd little phrases or humongous words that she wouldn't know otherwise. If you recall, last time my mom visited she had Bree going on about "glorious cheese." This time around, every time Grammy was drinking a glass of water she'd smack her lips and go, "Yum. I just love a drink of nice refreshing water!" So often that now Bree can't seem to talk about water at all without adding "refreshing" to the front.
  • "Wouldn't you love to?" Okay well this was actually more of a one-time thing but just goes to show you how much Brianna is really listening to everything you say. It was at one point during Grammy Dee-Dee's visit and Brianna walked up to her and said, "Grammy would you hold my hand?" Grammy said, "I would love to!" and then she took the offered hand. Well, a few minutes later they had let go so Bree walked back up to Grammy and said again, "Would you hold my hand?" So, this time Grammy said, "Sure!" and took her hand. Then Bree looked up at her and asked her, "Well, wouldn't you love to?" Hee hee!

No comments: