Monday, June 25, 2007

Electric Chef

As I've mentioned, Bree LOVES to cook. And she's pretty good at it. I just measure out the flour, or milk, or whatever and let her go dump it in the bowl and then mix it with a spoon. I even let her crack the eggs into the bowl, which is, I think, her favorite part. (In fact, she likes it so well and my mom was so impressed with this trick, esp. the part where she doesn't even get any shell inside the bowl, that Grammy Dee-Dee let her crack more than a dozen eggs into a bowl during our visit, all the while calling different family members in to see it. We had a nice big batch of scrambled eggs for breakfast that day...) At least, cracking eggs WAS her favorite part until recently when we made Travis a rhubarb pie (his favorite) for a Father's Day treat. As usual Bree was up on her stepping stool helping out when I pulled out the mixer to make the crust. Apparently we've never used the mixer together since we've started this whole buddy baking thing. You should have seen her little eyes light up. She was saying, "I'm gonna help you Mom!" before I could even plug it in and had her little itchy trigger finger on the button right away. So, with each of us having one hand on the mixer I started it up. Oh the power trip for a preschooler! She was thrilled and was screaming like a crazed banshee the entire time..."Wheeee! Dad! Look at me! Look at us! See what we're doing!" Oy...I think I may have created a monster....

No comments: