Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Pity Post

Yep, it's just what it sounds like...I realize it's been awhile here since I've updated this here thing and although I'm still not quite ready to do a "quality" entry I'm just zipping something off to placate all the raving masses who have been patiently waiting for their update. :)

Actually it's been 2 weeks (2 weeks!) since I've posted which is pretty much a no-no for me. I really try to do it much more frequently but here's my lame excuses:
1) I was out of town for awhile there.
2) At 8 months pregnant I'm feeling pretty exhausted at virtually all moments of the day and haven't even felt like I had enough energy to drag myself over to the computer and make an entry.
3) At 8 months pregnant my whole nesting thing has kicked in really strongly making me spend whatever free time and energy I have doing things around the house like deciding where all the pictures should hang on the wall and then getting wishy-washy about it so they're still not hung up, or endlessly re-arranging all the tiny newborn socks in their tiny newborn sock drawer, which then leads you back up to excuse #2.....

Well, now that my lame excuses are out of the way I'll let you know what's been going on around here. We were in Idaho last weekend to help celebrate my Great Grandpa turning 90! While we were in town we also went ahead and celebrated Bree's 3rd Birthday with all our friends and family there. (There, now you're updated... So maybe it hasn't been THAT busy here but it's a 7 hr. drive one way to Boise and I'm still not recovered from the trip so there! I think that's gonna be my LAST major trip before giving birth.)

Our other big event was that Brianna's birthday was actually yesterday! She's three! Holy cow! She's practically old already! I guess now we officially have to stop calling her a toddler and must refer to her as a "pre-schooler." We kept it pretty low key yesterday though since we'd already had her main stuff go on last weekend. Just spend the day enjoying some quality time with her and remembering when she was born and how fast it's gone..and how soon I'm gonna be doing all that again! Guess I need to update the ol' birthday ticker up there as well. I have lots of pix to share from the trip and birthday so I'll do a better post later with those.

Until then I leave you with a few more Bree-isms to enjoy:

- "grand new!" the "Bree-ism" for "brand new." All her birthday gifts are all "grand new!"

- "I notice..." Which seems to be her new way of asking if she can do something. I guess she heard someone say it and thought it was neat because now she'll say things like, "I notice you want to go to the play park with me?" or "I notice I want a popsicle."

No comments: