Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rhetorical Question??

Bree has been able to answer yes or no questions for quite some time now. In fact lately, instead of just saying yes she's been saying "yea, sure," which always makes us smile. Even so, sometimes it strikes me as funny that this little person, that I've been talking to for so long with not a whole lot of response, now has her own tiny opinions and preferences. (Of course, there are days when her expressing her opinions and preferences isn't so charming!) But, even though she is talking so much these days I mostly carry on a dialogue with her that I expect to go unanswered for the most part. So, I couldn't resist a little chuckle today when she answered a question I had asked as a rhetorical....I was buckling her into the car, telling her all about what we were doing: first running to the grocery store and then out to the park since it is such a beautiful, sunny spring day. "How does that sound?" I asked her and she answered "fun!" And she was right, it was fun.

No comments: