Monday, April 17, 2006

Polite Shopper

Brianna and I ran to the grocery store for a few items this morning. Since they were on sale, I also picked up some grapes. Despite my best efforts to be stealthy, Bree saw them in our cart and was whining for some immediately. I delayed her by telling her we had to pay for them first. When we walked up to the register Brianna greeted the cashier with a "Hi!" But, as the grapes were heading down the conveyor belt Brianna started whining "gapes, gapes, GAPES!" Lucky for us we had an understading cashier who scanned the grapes and promptly handed them to me and I then quickly gave a few to little miss Bree. Well she started munching them happily while the rest of our purchase was rung up. As I was bagging the last couple items Brianna suddenly looked up at the cashier and said "Thank You!" Then about 2 seconds later as we started walking off she called back "Bye-bye!" In fact, for an almost 2yr old she was more polite than a lot of customers I've seen!

No comments: