Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I hope everyone out there had as great a Mother's Day as I had because mine was pretty special. :) It all started when Bree first woke up yesterday morning. Travis was quick to get out of bed and get her. "Let me tell you something..." I heard him say quietly and then I think he was whispering to her about Mother's Day and letting me sleep in and stuff. This is really the first year that she's been old enough to even kind of get it. Anyways, I was laying there trying to be sleeping, (of course, with the old Mommy instincts I had popped awake when I first heard Brianna), hoping maybe I would be able to fall back asleep. But, it wasn't but five minutes later that Travis had forgotten something in the master bathroom and so he sneaked back into the room, with Brianna hot on his heels naturally. Once she was inside the room she announced in her usual exuberant tone of voice, "I'M TIP-TOEING SO I WON'T WAKE UP MY MOM!" Thoughtful of her to tip-toe but the loud voice kind of made it a moot point. Well, I managed to keep my eyes closed but I was smirking. Finally, a few minutes later they were off to the grocery store to buy a few things (procrastinators!). When they got back a short time later there was really no hope of getting any more sleep. Bree ran into the room and yelled, "WAKE UP! IT'S MOTHER'S DAY! WE GOT YOU CHOCOLATES!" Then she informed me "YOU LOVE THEM!" And that was how it started....the rest of the day they did an equally good job of doing a kind of bungled and enddearing type of pampering. It was a very nice day. :)

No comments: