Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Idaho

Okay so, we actually visited Idaho a few weeks ago, for Memorial Day weekend, but due to photo processing time and one lazy blogger lately, you're just now getting to see the pix from our trip.

We started out by meeting Trav's side of the family at their cabin for some outdoor fun...

Bree chillin' with Papa Roger


Although she had a total blast just getting to do outdoorsy stuff, (takes after both her parents that way), one of the highlights of the weekend for her was getting to play with the 4 wheeler.

Bree had never been on one and although her mom was a little nervous about her getting hurt, Papa Roger was very careful with her and she sure thought she was hot stuff getting to sit up there by herself once they got back from their ride.


And I had a lot of fun too getting to relax and take it slow.
Here I am on a mushroom hunt.


And here I am in the woods with a BB gun! Watch out! (Trav told me to look mean.)

Me and Noah hangin' out.


Of course, it wouldn't be a cabin trip without a campfire...


The end goal of that, of course, being a perfectly toasted marshmellow.

After that we headed over to see my side of the family.
Here's Noah enjoying a chocolate covered strawberry with Great Grandpa Jerry, who, if you ask me, Noah takes after quite a bit. All I see when I look at Noah lately is my Grandpa Jerry.


And that's Noah's Great Great Grandpa Arvad (the one on the left side) who's about to celebrate his 91st birthday. Pretty amazing huh that Noah gets to know his Great Great Grandpa?

Here's some cute pix of them together:


And to wrap it up I just wanted to share some landscape shots of the beautiful drive on the way through Idaho. I don't know what it is, I guess growing up there, the landscape just imprinted itself on my soul and I'm a bit of a romantic about it, I just love the land. And as much as I have loved the places I've lived, it just doesn't feel quite like home without rolling brown foothills and big outcrops of rock jutting out of the ground. It's a beautiful place...





No comments: