Monday, June 23, 2008

Breeisms

Been awhile since the last round of these so here you go...
  • Oh Tarter Sauce! - Bree's new favorite thing to exclaim when she's frustrated. It makes me laugh since it's right off of SpongeBob and I'm okay with that, considering, there are WAY worse things she could be deciding to spout off in an emotional moment.
  • Never! - Another one of Brianna's favorite exclamations these days. Yep, she's 4 now going on 13....has the teenage attitude down to a science. I tend to get the "never" thing a lot when I tell her no. Like this. "Mom, can I have some dessert?" "No. Not right now. After you eat dinner we'll have some dessert." "Fine! I'm never eating dessert or dinner again! Never never never!" Quite dramatic.
  • Ticklish Dog - the name of the big dog I won at the fair a few years back. I don't seem to remember him having a name before, but lately, he's Ticklish Dog, which, I suppose is no more odd than some of her other stuffed animals' names, like Motorcycle the cat, but still, makes me smirk because...how does she know he's ticklish?
  • Hand "Zappitizer" - This one is thanks to my good friend Karen, who is a great mom and always has some hand sanitizer on hand for keeping the kiddos germ free. Now Bree is obsessed and every time we see Karen and her kids Brianna has to say, "Um, Karen, I need some hand zappitizer!"
  • Helpful Grandma - We recently visited Idaho to attend the wedding of one of my many cousins. Naturally, Ginger, Bree's best buddy and stuffed dog pal, had to come along. This was all well and good until, after we arrived back home, we realized that Ginger was still at Grandma's house. Disaster! Brianna was completely devastated and there was a whole lot of her worrying about Ginger and feeling guilty that she'd not taken good enough care of her. After an extended search though, Grandma located Ginger in the exact same odd place Bree had stuffed her (a drawer not used often) and mailed her back to us. A few days later Ginger arrived safe and sound in the mail, complete with a new dog blanket, a little dish, and some "dog bones" (graham cracker Scooby Snacks). That afternoon when Bree was talking to her Grandma she said, "Thank you for mailing Ginger back to me, that was so helpful!" Needless to say it made her Grandma chuckle.

No comments: