Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Super Spy

This morning, out of nowhere, Bree just says to me, "I spy with my little eye...something red." (I was a little bit surprised because this isn't a game I've played with her before. But, I thought, hey why not? and I played along.) And that launched us off into a really good game of "I spy." I had a great time playing because, I always find it interesting to get a peek of what's going on in her head, and also I thought many of her answers were pretty comical as well. Here were some of my favorites:

(On Bree's turn): "I spy with my BIG eye (since she's into being a big girl) something that's a mirror!"
"Is it the mirror?"
"Yes!"

(When it was my turn): "I spy with my little eye something purple."
"No Mom, something blue."
"Okay....I spy with my little eye something blue."
"It's Noah's bouncy seat (excersaucer)!" (Which I assume was the right answer because I didn't get to pick what I was spying.)

(Bree's turn again): "I spy with my little eye something that lights up."
"The light?"
"Yes! Good job!"

(My turn): "I spy with my little eye something that's chubby!"
"Is it Noah?"
"Yep!"

(Her turn): "I spy with my big eye, something that's pink!" (Before I could even answer.) "It's my pants!"

(Her turn again): "I spy with my big eye, the TV's costume."
"The TV cabinet?"
"Good job Mom!"

(My turn): "I spy something that's noisy."
"Is is that kid over there?" (Noah)
"Yep!"

(Her turn): "I spy something that's eating Cheerios."
"Is it Noah?" (We spied Noah a lot, he's kind of hard to miss.)
"It sure is!"

It was a lot of fun! Yep, I Spy is now one of my favorite games.

No comments: