Saturday, January 26, 2008

His and Hers Milestones

Turns out both the kids reached some milestones this week. They were rather quiet ones, but still, both fairly notable though.

For Noah it was getting his first haircut. Yes, already! What can I say, the kid was born with kind of a crazy hairdo, it almost needed a little trim straight from the womb. The main thing was that he had these long sections that hung over his ears.

You can see it pretty well in this picture, over the ear on the right there...long wings.



So, I did a little trimming. He really could have used it, even at 2 months but I just felt fairly ludicrous giving my tiny baby a haircut. And even still I can't exactly take him to the barber! I suppose that the front of his hair is kind of wild and crazy too by some standards. But, I just can't make myself cut it. He was born with that mop and it's sort of his signature look! :) For now then, just a trim over the ears.



And then Bree's milestone this week was this:
Can you read it? B-r-i-a-n-n-a... well, sort of. But a very very good first try! Readable even! As far as I know, this is her first attempt at writing her name. She just ran over to show me the other morning while she was coloring and I was surprised. Kind of funny as well in light of my recent post about her doing "pre-writing."



She's sure growing up by leaps and bounds these days! But she's still got that big ole' Bree grin that keeps us wrapped around her pinkie, and she knows it! :)

No comments: