Sunday, December 23, 2007

Busy, Busy

I don't know about you but I've sure been crazy busy lately between the shopping, the wrapping, the mailing of things, the lines at the post office, the lines at the cash register, etc. It's been, to put it mildly, pretty hectic. I suppose part of my stress level this year is due to the fact that I have a young baby which makes everything a little more complicated and makes it all take just a little longer. Five minute errands take at least 15 when you're loading two kids in and out of the car. I'm resolved to start earlier next year to avoid the mad scramble, otherwise I kind of start to feel Scroogie instead of joyous. (Of course, I say I'm going to do it earlier every year but do I?) I think the kids are feeling a bit stressed out too, or at least, sensing my stress. Bree has been so prone to fits and tears this week I could hardly think of anything to blog other than, "tantrum central!" So for a few days in there I actually had bloggers block, nothing to say. (Which, was somewhat of a shock to me since I usually seem to find plenty to say. This is the first time the well has run dry and I was starting to think that I'd have to do a blog about my inability to blog if nothing else.)

This time of year is doubly crazy for our family since my I have a December birthday, (how inconsiderate of me)! This year my big gift was a KitchenAid mixer! Hooray! I'm pretty excited about it, should make my baking life a lot easier and convenient, and it seems I've been baking a lot more lately. Although, I do suspect that Travis had an evil ulterior motive for choosing that particular gift - more goodies for him! (Actually, I asked for one so...) It was pretty sweet though, Bree was all excited it was my birthday and was saying "Happy Burtsday Mom!" all day. The she and Travis sang me the Happy Birthday song that evening when we had cake. She "helped" me blow out my candles (which were practically setting off the fire alarm, getting to be a lot of them!) and then she made sure to tell me, "Make a wish Mom!" So cute! Although, Noah kind of ignored the whole event...

Anyways, life's been busy over here, as I'm sure it's been for you. Having said that, I think this might be my last post before Christmas, so here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! A stand mixer! Wow! I'm always avoiding those recipes that require whipping the eggs till they peak because I don't want to stand there with my hand mixer all day. Enjoy that, and have a Merry Christmas!