Friday, January 09, 2009

Why, Yes, I am a Guitar Hero!

Well, as I'm sure you all know, since I've posted several long and introspective entries on the subject, I turned 30 last month. Yep, the big 3-0. And man, I partied it up like a total rock star!

Check it out, here's your proof:


Oh yeah, that's me sitting at my own kitchen table in front of a pile of presents.


It's this next shot that really captures the craziness of the celebration though...

Whoa now! :) Actually, my birthday was a quiet, but wonderful day, probably my best birthday yet! I got thoughtful gifts, spent time with my kids, who were very sweet, and went out to dinner too. It was all very nice, but my big gift this year was the game Guitar Hero World Tour.

You see, for those of you who may not know, yes, in high school I was a so called "band geek." I played the flute and did marching band, pep band, was in the pit for a few plays... (some of the best people and times of my life!) So, I have a musical background. Although, its been years since I've flexed my musical muscles. And lately I've been wanting to get back to that. This time around though, instead of the flute, I thought it would be fun to be a drummer! I like songs with a beat so why not BE the beat, right? (And, to satisfy my early midlife crisis, it was either be a drummer, or get a leather jacket and a motorcycle! Trav opted for the safer of the two that wouldn't drive our insurance sky high.) Alas, we have no space for a full sized drum set, so we found the perfect solution, Guitar Hero! And since we got the World Tour version, the whole family can play, there's a guitar and a mic as well. (Noah's the groupee, only job he qualified for.) Truthfully though, most the time we wait until the kids are off to bed and then Travis and I get our rock on! I have to say, I'm not half bad either!


My "drum set" and I "in action." I'm trying to wade through the menus to get to play a song for the first time. Yep, so far it's been a whole lot of fun and satisfies my musical urges and my need to get out some aggression after a hard day by beating on something. :) As an added bonus, it's also a bit of an ego builder since, at the end of every song you successfully complete it tells you,
"YOU ROCK!"



1 comment:

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Hi Elizabeth. I just found your blog through your facebook page, and I can't wait to read through it. Check mine out at www.silvervalleystories.blogspot.com.

Anita gave me some towels and napkins you created for Christmas and I just love them. They are coffee themed, and will go great in my coffee themed kitchen.

Nice to connect up with you again.

Carol Roberts
Silver Valley Girl