Thursday, October 09, 2008

Blog-a-Doodle-Doo

It's been awhile so it's time for an update on Bree's developing artwork. Her doodles are getting much more detailed and structured and I thought it might be fun to take a look and see her progression. At least, I find it fascinating. But then, I'm pretty sure I'm obliged to. :) Anyways, take a look, it's pretty interesting to see what new details emerge with each one. (Oh, and to help you see what's there I labeled some of the parts for you...)


Her drawings of people started out like this:
A head with eyes, a smile and legs, that include feet, coming right out from the head. Pretty cute huh? Classic childhood drawing.


Then you could see that she started noticing more elements of the human face. Like here where she's added eyebrows and nostrils.


This is her most detailed face yet. This one has eyes with pupils, eyebrows, a nose with nostrils and a frown too. I guess this guy is sad...


Recently she's also started adding more details to the rest of her people's bodies, making them more anatomically correct. This person has quite a few facial features and legs with feet, arms, hands and even fingers.


It's just funny to me to watch how these little facets are being added on one thing at a time to her drawings. And she's even toyed around with writing her name a bit.


Travis wrote her name out for her there on top and she took a darn good stab at repeating it below. Pretty impressive for a 4 year old I say!


What do you think, budding artist on our hands? Of course, her mom thinks so! :)

No comments: